CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thoughts lately

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven."
-Jesus

I feel complete comfort and peace on those words as I write this entry. I've had a tearful couple of days having the reality of not being able to be in Indy. If you don't know by now a friend of mine, RD Reid who was in the training school with me, was in an accident a couple of days ago where a lawn mower flipped over, caught fire, and caused his right side of his body to burn. He also had a broken back and has no movement from his waist down. He's currently at Wishard in the burn unit. So from this I have been processing the fact that I am not in Indy. That I can't go and get in my car and be a friend for the Reid family. I know that so many people are with them and that is such a great example of the community of God at work! So this is something that God is working me through the process. I knew that I would feel far away, but didn't realize that it would happen a couple of days after I got here to Eugene. I have spent the past couple of days just wanting to not think about it and do other things to not focus on anything other then the present right here. And everytime I thought about it I would start crying. So clearly that's a sign you can't run away from anything God wants to help you through. :) I'm learning that I am indeed grieving the fact that I am so far away from people that I love very much, but that God is meeting me right where I am and being my strength when I feel extremely weak. And I am blessed to be with the Eugene team right now...who understand and are meeting me right where I am as well. They let me cry, which isn't a shocker for them anymore. :)

So thank you Jesus for living the life and speaking the words that so many of us need to hear. For bringing hope and for meeting us right where we are; broken, beaten, and bruised. Even through all of that you love us and call us Your children. That is the peace that my heart is feeling right now and also is my prayer for the Reid family.

Much love :)

0 comments: