So this is a quite crazy story which I am still kinda reacting in the "are-you-flippin-kidding me!" sorta sense. I went to my school, got my keys, and started to meet some of the teachers I am going to be working with. So as I was talking to one of the teachers she asked me where I grew up. I told her northwest indiana in a town next to Gary called Griffith. She said by Hammond? I said yes, by Hammond, not too far. Well then she asked me if I knew a man named Joe. I said yeah, my dad's name is Joe. She stared at me for a couple of seconds and stated I went to high school with your dad as well as Covenant Church! I was like are you kidding me?! THAT'S CRAZY! Flippin small world. Then she told me today that she found the prom picture of them because she went to prom with my dad! She was a junior and he was a senior when they went. THAT'S CRAZY!!! So she is going to be bringing in that picture for me to see...very cool! I am excited to talk to her a little more and hear some stories about my dad. Who would have ever guessed that I would end up teaching in a school with a lady who went to prom with my dad in high school. Don't forget I'm all the way out in Eugene now and they went to high school in northwest indiana...CRAZY!
Side note: my classroom is AMAZING. I seriously have more instruments then I know what to do with. I think I'm more excited about it then my kids will ever be. I even have my own office in my room...so cool! I stared at the room and almost cried because it is such a joy to have a room to call my own again. :)
Saturday, August 23, 2008
It's a small world
Posted by Stumbling while running at 1:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment