CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Story written for us

I have been sitting here in the apartment, the only one still up, and have been processing what on earth I am doing out here in Eugene and what other people may think of me knowing that I am out in Eugene. My mind wandered a bit and came up with some answers and even more questions. I thought I'm 25 years old, felt called to go to Eugene and feel at complete peace with it, yet I don't want people to think I'm some special person who has it all together because she figured out what God wants me to do in my life. In fact, that's completely the opposite of the journey God has taken me on. I wouldn't have chosen this life I am living right now. I had a game plan for my life. All my ducks were lined up in a row. Things seemed to be going as planned and then God broke me and I followed a path that was unlike anything I ever imagined. It has been a hard and wonderful journey. I kicked and screamed most of the way to the place where I am today. Thank you dad for giving me the stubborn gene. ;) But why do some people think that that there is an order to this life? That ministry only happens when you are in a certain season in life. I believe God has called us to be right where we are unless He prompts us to move. Ultimately we have a choice, to follow what God is speaking into our lives, or run the other direction, forget anything happened and go on with our own game plans for our lives. I pray my life is not one where I run away from what God is leading me towards. I think it's a tough road to be running this race...that the gate to the road is pretty narrow and painful to squeeze through but always seems to have enough room to let me pass on by. I feel so much peace for living into where God has called me to be at. I just don't want people to think that I am so great for doing what I am doing, because I will only disappoint. We all have a story God has written for us. I am learning how to start making that story more about God and less about me. I know it doesn't matter what you are doing, where you live, what job you have, as long as you love God and trust Him to lead you.

0 comments: