Friends, I finally made it to Eugene. And we even have internet now (bout time :)) I actually do not feel like I am miles and miles away from Indiana. It's quite weird actually. It's all new and fun to be here...I'm not in a routine of going to work yet since my job hasn't started and won't start until Aug. 25. I feel like I'm in college, hanging out having a good time...so it hasn't really, really hit me yet that I'm far away. I had a glimpse of that today when I found out a friend got hurt and I couldn't just drive in my car and go be there with that family. So that part is hard and weird. I know I'll have many more of these moments, but I thank God for the people that are here with me out in Eugene. It does bring comfort for my heart as I process things like this that may come up many more times...actually, I know that things like this will happen again. All I can do is pray. It's a good place to be in. Knowing that prayer is all I can do when I am miles away from people that I care about. It's a good lesson to learn...one that I am holding on to.
On a side note, it's been fun to be able to ride bikes around time. We try to ride them as much as possible. It's great, though pretty tiring!!!! I'm not used to this riding bikes thing...but I really like not driving my car as much! :)
7 of us are out here and are doing well. All we are doing is attempting to find things around town (getting lost is something I think we are getting quite good at, haha) and just enjoying being with each other. Tears have already been shed, laughter has been shared, and food has been passed around the table...it's been good. :)
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I made it!
Posted by Stumbling while running at 12:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment