CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Confirmation

I've had some great conversations with people about what they would like confirmation to look like in their life. All these people are seeking what their will is in their life, unsure, but hopeful that God will reveal himself. Well, they may not say that in those words, but there is something there in their lives that is encouraging me. I don't know how to describe it.

I do know that they are the ones that just get me so excited to be living in this kingdom with them. They love the Lord, recognize the fact that they are completely messed up, yet they keep seeking Gods face. They keep me from giving up. I know that their seem to be more questions then answers in their life, yet they still remain hopeful.

I don't know what confirmation looks like for everyone. I know it's different according to the people I've been talking to. For my life specifically I realized that the way I would like confirmation really doesn't happen the way I would like it. I am just tired of my family (who are walking along side of me) telling me they can't make the decision for me. I know that they won't be able to do that because of our own selfishness and stubbornness. I do believe that people can make decisions for other people. I just need people to be walking along side me, praying for me, me trusting them that they are praying for me, and having truth spoken into my life from those people. Maybe just a glimpse into what God is telling them from their prayers. I yearn for that type of community.

The flip side of that is that I don't also do that for others. I'd much rather use my pastoral gifts then being the prophet. I lack boldness, which is something I am being encouraged in. I'd much rather ask people questions sort of getting them to the point of what I think is going on in their life. So I end up being exactly what I want people to not be. I've heard that the way you look at others is the way you view yourself. I think that's primarily why I don't always believe the way I want confirmation to pan out in my life will ever happen. Interesting...

0 comments: