I'm taking a time out this week to blog on stuff other than running. I want to keep tabs on my whole running adventure up to the half marathon in may, but there has been other stuff that has been on my mind lately so I thought I'd share.
This upcoming Saturday is the 13th anniversary of my dad's death and it sucks a little bit. I'm usually good with the holidays and other stuff, but the anniversary is what absolutely gets me everywhere. It just doesn't ever get easier. But every where I go through this season of life I realize I heal a little more. I cry the tears of pain that I should have cried years ago. I allow myself to feel sadness for the loss of not having my dad with me during pretty important times in my life. I am mourning the thought of not having my dad walk me down the aisle when I get married or when I have kids down the road. And it's slowly, very slowly starting to heal my soul. I will never stop feeling the pain of not having my dad in my life. It won't get easier each year when his anniversary comes up. I will cry a lot. But I've been thinking about what I can do this week to remember who my dad was and is to me. I want to do something special to remember him and I'm not sure exactly what that looks like right now. We shall see what happens.
So this week I will try to share one fun thing about my dad that makes my heart smile. Sometimes you just need to remember the good memories. I'm thankful I've had so many. :)
This is from the night before my dad passed away. My dad is quite the jokester. He absolutely loved to make people laugh, embarrass his family whenever possible, and was actually the loudest human being on this face of the earth. (You would never ever guess where I got my loudness from, hehe) My family took a trip to Target, best store ever, and were walking up the the entrance. Well my dad thought it would be humorous to try to attempt to throw me into the garbage can. He picked me up and I, of course, started screaming and laughing for him to stop. There were people around and here we were making a huge scene, haha. That was so typical of my dad. He liked to have a good time, didn't take things too seriously, and just had fun. It didn't matter where we were or what we were doing. I'm a lot of my dad in that sense and it makes me happy. Even though my dad isn't with me anymore I carry on a lot of who he was. :)
Monday, January 11, 2010
Time out
Posted by Stumbling while running at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment