I'm starting to wonder if i actually got all of my crazy tears out last week/last weekend. I've been ok with this week as of now. I think prayer is beautiful and feel that is some of the reason why i don't feel as sad or depressed. My awesome friends also make it so much easier. I'm also taking time out to remember the good times, which is healing to me. We all just need to keep healing. So I will share another thing about my dad that I absolutely loved and carry with me everyday I step into my classroom.
I grew up ever since I was a baby in a music classroom. My dad taught band, choir, and elementary music to all ages of kids. I'm not sure how he actually did it as I look at my own teaching schedule in one building. The fun thing is that I have a friend that is currently teaching the same job that my dad did. It's a small world indeed. Even my first memory is looking up at timpani thinking they were the biggest things ever. :) My dad loved kids as much as he loved my mom, brother, and me. I saw it every time he was with his students, even though I couldn't articulate that back then. He loved working with kids that were less fortunate than others. A lot of his school spoke spanish and were of all different ethnic backgrounds. I grew up in that. What a huge blessing. I loved how my dad didn't care who you were. He talked to everyone and anyone that crossed his path. I am my dad. Sometimes I wish people could meet my dad just so that they could understand me a little more, haha. I teach not because my dad was a teacher, but I teach because it is my passion. I owe my family for sharing their love of music with me. I owe them the experiences I had growing up with people that were different than me. I was friends with my dads students. I owe my dad for teaching me how to love people that weren't just like me. I try to take all of those experiences into my own school so that my students know that they are loved.
I miss my dad a lot, but am thankful for the moments that I had with him. :)
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I will always remember
Posted by Stumbling while running at 12:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment