CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tears from brokenness

I've learned a little bit about myself during the past year, which flows beautifully into the present. I was someone who thought everything was ok, grand, swell. I had no worries in life, which is often what I told myself because that meant I was weak. I've been broken of that during the past year. I know some of you would never believe me that I used to never cry, considering now I'd cry at just about anything. But some of you might be shocked that I actually do cry. While in Toronto this past weekend I heard someone said that this one man cried for people because they would not cry for themselves. I believe that was a beautiful statement. I found myself sitting in a park in Toronto this past Sunday listening to some hymns on my ipod with tears just streaming down my face. I was broken. Broken for the people in the park with no home, no where to go, maybe no people to love them just as they are. So I cried. I cried because it hurt to see people all around me living that life. I cried because I felt helpless. I cried because I am part of a community where my tears do not make me weak and I am still loved because of them. I cried because I recognized that God created me to cry for myself and for others. I cried because words meant nothing and it was beautiful. A year ago I sat in that same exact park. Looking back God has done a lot of stuff in my life, heart, and He has made me free to cry for that is who I am. I now cry for the brokenhearted, beaten down, helpless people in the world. God created me to cry. I didn't really realize that until I felt He spoke that into me during my time at the park. I thank God that I have been broken enough to release the emotion I have held back inside of me for years.

1 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

I love this post... it is one I will come back to when I feel tears welling within me that I want to push down! Thanks for your vulnerability.