CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Control lesson 101

I have a pretty massive weakness...it's called CONTROL. It usually beats the crap out of me mostly, well, all the time. I was always that person in group work that just would take control of it so that it would get done and get done efficiently. Oh brother...my weakness gets the best of me and then things happen to me where that control, my dear ole' buddy, finds it has no power.

Eugene, Oregon. Let me dwell on this for a moment.

I started applying for jobs out there a couple of months ago. That's not necessarily a bad thing ya know, since I am taking the responsibility to look for a job and successfully apply for it in a timely manner. I had a couple of interviews in the April/May month for two different schools. I was declined both jobs, which was ok, though the control part of me just really wanted a job so that I could have one more thing checked off of the check list. Again, I repeat, it's a weakness. One I'm not all that proud of. The last declined offer for a job was exactly two months ago to this date. Weird, huh? I think so. Mostly I think it's crazy because that job is the job that I just got today!

Where was my good ole' buddy ole' pal control at? Definitely not present because this was a spur of the moment random act of God's goodness. I just cannot deny that. Not one bit can I say that God did not plan all of this out for me. In fact, I was pretty much positively sure that I wouldn't get a job until I got out to Eugene. I felt peace about that. It was a peace where I knew God would take care of me and I'd have a door open up somewhere...I just needed to trust Him. And for the past two months it's been HARD, stressful, overwhelming, and just crazy not having a job. I can't even explain how much God has started to break me of my good ole' friend control. It's a huge blessing and testimony of God's love for me. I am absolutely overwhelmed by His faithfulness.

So I'm Miss Kapciak to K-5 grade students starting on Sept. 2, which is their first day of school. Yeah, the Pacific Northwest is soooo smart for starting school after Labor Day. They win the smart award! When I had the interview and was talking about teaching it just got me really excited to be able to teach again. I LOVE teaching music to elementary students!!!! :)

One week friends and I'll be hitting the road. I can't believe that I have a job in Eugene. All I can do is praise Him...and of course cry for joy! :)

3 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

YAY!!!!!

Tiff said...

i'm so happy for you! praise!

Jamie Hergott said...

Congrats, girl. :) Praise God.