I find that I don't always have the right words or the best way to describe who Jesus is. In fact, while discussing the life of Jesus I realize I will always be learning more about who he is. and i know i am not created to live to have great theological debates, but i love talking about Jesus. And i love hearing about Jesus from other peoples perspectives. it challenges me and makes me think. i realize the more i know about Jesus the more I know I don't know.
But i am in awe. i mean, real big awe. because he brought me out to eugene to live and work. i feel like i'm going through training school #2. and i have these moments where i know jesus is here and the funny thing is that usually words are not involved in that process. it's in nature, in my own stillness, it's in my own ability to not be able to control my surroundings. and he's here. present. and i want to follow this awe my heart feels. i truly want to live life. stop worrying. stop self-satisfying. stop holding on to things. just live. because when i do that i allow Jesus to enter into my world just a little bit easier. i stop making it about me and allow it to be about him.
Jesus said follow me. i will follow and i will stumble. i will pick myself up and keep on going.
Friday, May 29, 2009
In awe of who Jesus is
Posted by Stumbling while running at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment