We talked about dreams of ours that really get us excited. I thought for a second and really thought I have so many dreams (i think i've always been a dreamer) that run through my head. they change, mold into other dreams, or are slowly dismissed. But there is one thing that my heart will always be fired up for. "Seeing people be loved." I think that's where a lot of my dreams stem from. I'm trying to be more aware of manufacturer's and how they treat their workers b/c i don't want to buy things that are going to support the really unjust things the workers are facing everyday. I want those workers to be valued and they should get more for what they are doing just so i can buy a sweatshirt. Sex trafficking - injustice, awful, my mind gets blown from hearing stories about kids. i want those kids to be loved, not abused. anything humanitarian will get me fired up. a dream of mine is to go where no one really wants to go, to volunteer for the summer, get to know people, and serve. i want people to be loved.
I realize through this process that my dreams require a lot out of me. it requires me to die to myself and to honestly pick up my cross. but the more i read about jesus and what he came to the world to do the more i want to do just that. so my prayer is that the dreams of people become realities...that I won't be silent for what I am passionate about.
My dream is to see the world changed by Jesus...we have a part to play in it and everyone matters. it's beautiful.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Fired up
Posted by Stumbling while running at 11:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment