i dream of community. a lot. it is a big passion on my heart. i love it.
but how can i be a part of a community, a family, when i am not always vulnerable? i am challenged by this. i get frustrated when other people aren't being vulnerable. really i'm only frustrated because i'm not living out what i preach. so i become a hypocrite. and that's beautiful.
it's beautiful because i'm on a church plant and i love jesus but i sure mess up a whole lot. and i get to live life with people that mess up a lot. so that's why i will continue to pray to become more vulnerable with my family here. and then i meet people and get to love them. that then makes me think of the disciples and how they loved people and loved jesus. they messed up. a lot. so i'm not alone in this inner and outer struggle. and many people who will come after me in life will struggle with this as well.
but today, and tomorrow, and forever i will try to stop with all of the excuses listed above and be more vulnerable. jesus calls me to it. i'm sure i'll mess up along the way. :)

1 comments:
Stacie, I've been struggling with this so much lately. I may have just been inspired to go deeper when I meet with my two friends tonight. I've got a serious need for some vulnerability or this frustration is going to eat me up, but I fear rejection! Hah. Looks like your vulnerability is resulting in my own :)
Post a Comment