I've made the very exciting and scary decision to run a half marathon with some co-workers/roommate/friends on Sunday, May 2nd. I'm not a typical "runner". I don't own the fancy clothes, have the right body type, or natural ability. As a matter of fact, I struggle at it. So I've decided that I will update this blog with my successes and struggles through my training. Mostly it is to keep my motivated when I feel like it's too hard to keep on running.
Things to know: 1. I've been running 2 miles every other day since the 19th. Pretty stinkin' good for me and my runner friends here in eugene say it's really good. so yay me, go me. high fives all around! 2. Running on a treadmill is actually like death to me. I've done 3 runs on the treadmill and I think I'd rather barf blood than keep that up. :) It's been so cold out that I just don't have the right clothes to run outside in. I did suck it up today and ran outside and it was glorious! I just enjoy running a lot more while being able to look around and see things. I think the runs go by a lot quicker. 3. I'm slow and it's ok. I can run a 2 mile in 24 minutes. That will most likely change when I start to run more. This is all pre-training for the half so I'm not pushing it. 4. I will probably not push it ever. I just want to be able to finish the half marathon. I don't care how long it takes me. Just get me to the finish line!
I'm starting to do a lot more yoga now and will continue doing that on my "off" days when I'm not running. Well here goes nothing... :)
Monday, December 28, 2009
New direction
Posted by Stumbling while running at 3:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment