a glimpse into my head is actually pretty simple. i am abstract, ask a whole lot of questions, dream dreams, and just want to experience the beauty and the messiness of the world. i find i don't necessarily fit into the "smart, intelligent" group of people because I don't think or function the same way that they do. It's not that I can't, but it's just not natural for me. And sometimes that frustrates me more then other things. I struggled for a long time thinking people didn't see me as intelligent or smart enough and hide behind silence or just checked out mentally with certain things. I wasn't challenged to explore who God really made me.
This whole past year up to now I am slowly understanding little bits and pieces of who I am. I know it wouldn't have been possible for me to understand myself without God directing me to do certain things, experience life in different ways, and meet people who started to encourage and challenge me to be me, not some other form of who I was being. I find this part of discovery hard and confusing...but it's also something that has lately been pretty freeing for me.
Why did I ever fabricate myself into something or someone that I was not? That is one question I hope to always ask myself.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
just me...
Posted by Stumbling while running at 10:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment