CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Eugene

I am learning so much about myself since being out here in Eugene. I thought I'd share a little recap of the past couple of months. Some things are good and some are bad. But I want to remember and share what has been going on.

1. God is revealing to me who He has created me to be. I cried this past wednesday night at group when I felt like God was letting me know that He created me to be a person who challenges and is out with people. I used to think that I had a total pastoral heart, but am unsure of the extent of that now. I know that was an incredibly easy, lazy way out of many things and that is not where God has me now. I think as I start to challenge my own ideas I start to see myself more clearly in the light of Jesus.

2. I am lazy and I don't like that about myself. I find myself making excuses for myself way too much. Sometimes that takes away from living in the present moment. It's not always about me and I make it that way. I'm working on this.

3. Communication is VITAL in any situation and I'm learning how bad of a communicator I am. So that's another thing I am working on.

4. My hearts passion (to see homelessness ENDED) is something that I will forever live for. Like my good friend Jess said, you see homelessness everywhere in eugene. It's engulfs us here and I will not be lazy like I usually am and do something about this. God has placed this on my heart for awhile so step one is going out on the streets and develop relationships with my friends who live there. The cool thing is that Jess and I are going to do exactly that tomorrow. I'm praising God that I'm able to do this.

5. Life is messy and hard when you are completely away from everything that you have known and are comfortable with. I am loving the fact that I am starting to make new friends. I am still extremely busy here in Eugene. Something is always going on and I am still always really tired. ha!

6. I feel blessed to experience the love of God daily without being persecuted or ridiculed. The Kingdom is beautiful here in Eugene and incredibly messy, but I am seeing Jesus do some really great things in me, the church plant, and my new friends. I could go in detail about this, but it will take awhile. Just ask me sometime!

7. I am so looking forward to making a trip in Indiana on December 23-30!!!! I am so looking forward to seeing "familiar" faces and new faces that I've never met. So my times to be in indy are most likely Dec. 26-30th. If you would like to see me during that time please let me know. I want to see as many people as I can because I sure miss a lot of people. I'm looking forward for a time or encouragement and refreshing, relaxing time. Hooray!

8. Prayer is huge and I need to do more of it.

:)

1 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

Thanks for continuing to keep us updated on your life!!! I'd LOVE to get in touch with you when you're in town, so if its possible, lets meet up!