i just can't help it, but i learn so much from my students. Here's a story that makes my heart happy and extremely hopeful for the future.
I do this song called Merlin and he is actually my little teddy bear who grants kids their wishes whenever Merlin ends up where they are. It's a passing game and really fun for the kids. I was doing this with my first graders this week and I got to this sweet little girl. We sang the song and sang the question of "what do you wish for?" and her response blew me away. She said I wish for world peace. I prayed right at that moment. I prayed that she would be someone that would dream for that all of her life and that she would not be the only kid that dreams for that.
Shalom :)
Sunday, December 14, 2008
another student comment
Posted by Stumbling while running at 11:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment