I had a retreat this weekend with the choir i am a part of. it was great and hard at the same time. the hard thing is feeling like you are the last kid picked on the playground kind of feeling...where there were cliques of people formed pretty tightly and then there were the "outsiders" (aka me) but that got better as the weekend progressed. That was the negative part of the weekend. the great part was the fact that i was surrounded by people who were talking classical music talk with me. once that started i felt completely at home. It was great!
I've been pretty tired. this week was pretty intense and hectic. and my roommates went on a camping excursion...which means that i am home alone. i realize more and more that i am such a people person. being alone for a long period of time is hard for me. i find that it is hard because it really makes me slow down. i sometimes wonder if i hide behind always doing things...well i shouldn't wonder that because it's basically true. though if i don't have time to myself here and there i feel completely crazy. i can't seem to balance all of it. does anyone else have this problem?
i am truly loving the fact that it is fall. it is by far my most favorite time of the year! apple picking, cinnamon candles, pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie, leaves changing colors, wearing sweatshirts at all times....sheesh the list can go on and on. fall is a tad bit different here then it is in the midwest...but i still love it! :)
Sunday, September 28, 2008
this and that
Posted by Stumbling while running at 1:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I struggle too with hiding behind activity. Its hard to be "alone" because then I realize that I'm not and fee more responsible for my activities and how I use my time!
Post a Comment