I have this love of reading that has been alive in my soul every since I was a little kid. I find myself to be a sucker for autobiographies or true stories. Mostly because I get a sense of who that person is...like I'm invited into their world for a brief season of life. That lasts until I put the book down.
At times I have so many thoughts running through my head that I want to be able to write them down in an eloquent, fancy pants sorta way that I stumble around ultimately failing in my own endeavor. I want instant gratification so bad that I just consider myself completely unworthy, unintelligent, and a failure that I give up. I just can't compare myself to regular joe blogger/author because he just says the right thing at the right time. Obviously he's put more thought into his thoughts and can make them flow from one sentence to the other. Stacie, you can barely make a thought become a coherent sentence. I know that's not true. I know I can flow sentences together to make a couple paragraphs of thoughts. But I've come to realize that even though I want the ability to write a beautiful story, a story that will challenge and exalt me of course, that story resides within me. Maybe it will come out one day and I'm ok with that. Until then I will continue to tell about my daily life which consists of failures unimaginable to the naked eye as well as complete and utter joy. I'm no c.s. lewis, but I have a story of my own. A story that one day might be shared with you. I'll just sit back and listen to the stories or people around me in my life...which I mostly get in the way. I think that some authors who write their stories spend an incredible amount of time listening. I think I'll start there. After all, when I listen peoples lives change and transform mine.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Writers
Posted by Stumbling while running at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment