I was walking out of work today just thinking about the world and how big it is and how small I am in it. I had some thoughts, which I questioned if they were selfish or not. I thought I want to travel the world...so I envisioned myself in different places, getting off the airplane, walking on the dirt path road, and just living up the place where I was at. I want to go to places where Jesus is needed. I want to experience the kingdom in a bigger way then I've ever experienced. But I became humbled when I thought I will only go where You want me to go. Take myself out of the mathematical problem and just use me. I will go anywhere, at anytime, just to see what this whole world is up to. The reality is God wants me in indy right now. And I am embracing that, cherishing it, because I know this will not be my home for long.
And I just re-read the line where I said I want to go to places where Jesus is needed. I feel that is my motto for life right now. I want to experience life in organic ways, where people can be people. I'm slowly realizing that my heart is here in the US...and I don't know what that means, except that this country needs to be loved just as much as any other country. My mission field is here. I just have a heart to see the kingdom come alive in real, authentic ways. But I'm only now starting to understand what that means in my life today.
"Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."
"The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving towards all he has made."
Those two verses from Psalms have been my hearts prayer the past couple of days. I hope they are encouraging to you as they are to me. :)
Friday, February 8, 2008
Reality
Posted by Stumbling while running at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment