I haven't updated on what I've been learning lately. That was the intentional reason behind this blog. So here is an update of sorts. Enjoy!
I've been learning a lot lately. Or maybe I've just opened myself up to it more and more. And by lately, mean the past week. I've been kind of "numb" from a certain situation I've been dealing with. It's something that I know won't just disappear or leave me. So I've been trying to figure out how to deal with it. How to forgive when someone doesn't really even care that you've been hurt. Ah, it's all life stuff. How do we deal with what has happened? We are deal with things differently. I have been in a state of just ignoring the situation and then because of that just becoming numb to a lot of things. I'm in a better state. Even though it's hard to face the things that are troubling you, it is much better than becoming numb to them.
I started to date a wonderful guy named Jeremy. It's been really, really nice and I'm happy. I could go into detail, but I don't want to bore everyone with my stories. :)
I attended a funeral yesterday, which was a wonderful celebration of a lady I knew. It was a reminder to me to live life in the present and enjoy what I have while I have it. Why is it that it takes a funeral for me to remember that?
I am glad that Eugene is my home. So many neat things have happened since I've lived here. I've grown a lot, become way more active, ran a half marathon, sang in a choir and become friends with some great people from that experience, and am starting to get close to some of my school co-workers. I can also add Graduate school, an awesome job that I have teaching kids everyday, and more. Oh, don't forgot that I can go to the coast or mountains anytime that I want. Woo! :)
There are still things I miss about Indiana and I was explaining that tonight to Jeremy. I miss my friendships that I had. They just aren't the same and I knew that would change once I got out here. I am thankful that I still stay in contact with people and that they put up with my lack of awesome communication skills. I do cherish those people. They have helped me become the person that I am today. I miss them.
I heart yoga and want to do it more. I also really like running and am glad I'm starting to train for my second half marathon in september! :)
I feel loved out here in Eugene. I'm glad I know the people that I do, am in the community that I am in, and have had wonderful experiences so far. I do feel blessed.
:)
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Oh, how things change.
Posted by Stumbling while running at 10:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Apparently we need to catch up! I'm glad that you are happy in Eugene :)
Post a Comment