CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 1, 2010

5 miles!

My running partner, Erin, and I ran 5 miles yesterday! I feel like the exclamation point would be a sufficient ending to this whole post because I still can't believe that I actually did it. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I've never ran for a whole hour before without stopping. Shoot, I'm not even sure I've attempting to run for a whole hour. I cannot describe how stinkin' excited I am. It's crazy to think that I am working towards running 13.1 miles. Yes, extremely crazy.

Last night at church we had a small group so we all shared how we are doing. I talked with them about running. To give you an idea how running friendly my church community is here are the numbers. There are a total of 11 people in my church, not including myself. Out of those people, 7 of them run at different levels! CRAZY! All I know is that I respect runners so much more now than I ever did. I knew it was a hard thing, but I didn't realize how hard it is. You really have to push yourself at times. But it feels great after a run, even if the run itself was hard.

Everyday that I run I am in complete awe that my body allows itself to work so hard. I am ever so grateful that I can get out there and do this. I never thought I'd say this, but I am actually starting to enjoy running. That in itself is huge. :)

0 comments: